Friday 5 September 2008

Pickle! Thats original!

Ok ok, I know, but what else is there to do when its raining... you've cleaned the house... bathed the dog.... done the washing.....got it! Lets make some pickle using all those surplus veggies. God I do hate to waste them! Also they have been sat in brine for slightly longer than I intended. I was going to do it yesterday, but... my daughter went into labour! She rang me at about 11.00o'clock in the morning to tell me that she had been having labour pains since 5 that morning...... I was instructed that they would ring me when they were ready to go into hospital, so all afternoon I was on tenderhooks waiting... the call came at just gone 3 O'clock just as I had walked up the school to get my son! I knew I should have taken the wagon, but I have a dreadful fear off turning into one of those lazy mums who only live a short distance from the school, but still insist on driving! So we hot-footed it back home, with me nearly having a coronary on the way! I am soo unfit! I dropped the mum to be and partner at the local maternity unit, and went home with my grand-daughter to wait......... At just gone 7pm the call came, all had gone very well and Baby Rowe was now well and truly here! All 8lbs 13.5ozs of him! So after all the excitement of yesterday, I thought I would have a "lazy" day.
Baby Rowe
Homemade sweet pickle One clean sweet smelling dog.

2 comments:

Goosey said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Really pleased to hear of Rowe's safe arrival...and you a Granny again. He looks gorgeous...see you soon love Goosey x

oldcrow61 said...

Awww, what a sweet baby. A good size as well. Your pickles look wonderful and the dog is a sweetie.