Sunday 12 April 2009

I'm a well trained human!


This little robin had gotten quite tame last year, and I havn't seen him for months. I was in the garden a couple of days ago, and he was hanging about. I thought maybe he wanted a top up of seed. I buy a mixed songbird mix, and usually athe starlings eat all the best bits, the suet pellets and insects, leaving only the boring plain seed. So I topped up the seed, but no, that wasn't what he was waiting for. He started flitting about, following me around the garden. Then the penny dropped! He was wanting mealworms! Live mealworms! He must have remembered that last year I was putting them out for him, and this year he has come back!! Isn't that amazing!! so i hotfooted it to the local supplier and came back with fresh lovely wriggly mealworms. He has been in and out all day so he must have babies somewhere. It is such a privilidge for me to be his human! He has trained me well!

6 comments:

EmmaJilly said...

Aww robins are good company arent they. We haven't seen ours since they cut all the hedges so i hope he's still around!

Goosey said...

What a lovey photo Tatty, how amazing that he has remembered. xx

Peggy said...

They probably return to the same nesting place every year and remembered you had fed them ! Your plot is looking great, so tidy waiting on the planting to take place.

oldcrow61 said...

How fantastic is that! A wonderful photo as well. So very cute.

The Mulch said...

I love your little robin - so cute.

They are the tamest birds in my garden. They will practically eat out of your hand.

Never seem to see more than one at a time. Do you ever see groups of them where you are?

Latane Barton said...

That is an amazing story. Wish I was so well atuned to our little birds.