Saturday 14 June 2008

Galas and Poppies

I am worn out! We had our annual nurses gala at Forest Holme today. I was up at 7:30 icing cakes and chopping onions! I was in charge of the BBQ, luckily the weather was in our favour this year! It always fills me with a sense of .......I dont know what! Everyone pulls together to make sure the day goes well. Our volunteers are brilliant, nothing is ever too much trouble! Debs , Jan and Suzie put so much of their own time in, to make sure everything is ready and is a big success. You are all fab!


Got home and had a wander around the garden. How's this for some clever colour scheme planning! Not really, it was luck!! But don't the colours of the Acer and the poppy work well together!



When I was browsing the web the other day I stumbled across this little piece, and thought how it sums up exactly how I feel, I wish I was clever enough to have written it!!.....My garden is a place where I like to begin my day...seeing what's in bloom, feeding the fish, have my tea or coffee by the pond and catching glimpses of otherwise unseen visitors. I end my day here after work, to unwind, shake off the cares of the day and get centered again ~ back to who I am.

Perfect........... Enjoy.

2 comments:

Goosey said...

Thats a nice quote you put in at the end. It looked like the Gala went well from the view I had and the beefburgers were wonderful! Next year I will try to be off duty so I can get involved too. See you soon Love Goosey

Leanne said...

that poppy is gorgoeus!

Leanne x