Tuesday 6 January 2009

Goldfinches







One of my pastimes is feeding the birds. They really need our help especially during this cold spell, this gives me a good opportunity to get the camera out.. again, not much about, plenty of Goldfinches, I saw 1 starling, 1 pidgeon, I think I saw a thrush. I went out early to put some warm water on the bird bath to help defrost it, within an hour it was frozen again! So back out I went with even more... I cant remember it being this cold, for this continuos length of time for years! Dont get me wrong, I am not complaining, far from it, but living so near the coast, we usually get away lightly from any severe weather. I do think it would be nice to see some snow, real snow... not a little light dusting, but proper real deep white stuff!
I cant believe that I have posted twice in one day!!! I must be feeling better... I really do believe that I suffer from S.A.D , I am soo looking forward to the spring.

No comments: